Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Drifting Thoughts 02

Superman started flying again in theaters everywhere today, spreading a message of hope, and blanketing everyone with his protective light. I, however, felt inclined to brood and over-analyze just like Batman, which, by the way, is my favorite superhero. It didn't help that I felt signs of an onset of colds when my nostrils started getting itchy. It didn't help that I'll further subject my poor nose to the ravages of rush hour pollution later in my commute home. It didn't help that I stumbled upon a college friend's blog, got updated on her life after college, and felt a tinge of bitterness. Perhaps, it was not just a tinge, only that I suppressed it and prevented it from growing. It's a complex situation (damn, if this was a diary, I'd tell all); what I could tell is that I just felt left out.

It was raining when I left the office. Talk about being dramatic, but drama was the least of my concerns when the rain and winds strengthened, drenched my pants and socks, and weakened my already embattled immune system. I felt stuck in a trap, but unlike a Joker-ensnared Batman who would coolly think of a way out, I acted like a kryptonite-caged Superman who is helplessly weakened, waiting for intervention (preferably from Lois, so she can comfort me too) or luck (like Lex, whose brilliance is eclipsed by his megalomania, throwing the key within my visual range then leaving me alone, allowing me to think of a Batman-like escape).

Okay, I was starting to exaggerate.

-oOo-

Speaking of friends, the discussion topic for the "Bottom Three" night show in Magic 89.9 FM tonight was the worst thing one did to a friend. One listener texted, "the worst thing I did to my best friend was to marry her." My first reaction was to crack up. Thank God there's Magic to give me a break from brooding. On the other hand, the text message seemed like a warning message. I know, the ideal is to be friends first and then let the luhve grow into the picture. But one blunder would destroy everything in the worst possible way. The synergy of love and friendship is a very powerful positive force that emanates from, unites and maintains the relationship. Yet that same powerful force could also do the opposite to the couple. Yep, the texter said they eventually separated. Now that's hard. I mean, when you lose a lover it hurts, but it's still fine; you can still be friends. However, if you lose a friend (and I don't mean a casual friend), the pain is more gut-wrenching, the loss more profound. I guess this is what happens in bad break-ups: you lose a lover and friend.

Labels:

2 honked their horn

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The synergy of love and friendship is a very powerful positive force that emanates from, unites and maintains the relationship.

My, my, dave! wow i had no idea that you were this puwetic! (i mean, poetic) galing... Yah, Friends/lovers/drivers, whats the difference nowadays anywayz??

You should brew-up ways to generate traffic to this site... pero the 0 comments are acceptable pa naman eh since you are starting out,,, btw, i linked you na to my site.. ;) keep it up

Tuesday, 01 August, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

indeed that's poetic. haha. remembered that from our short conversation yesterday. see you. :)

Monday, 02 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home